Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Grocery Bill, Ouch!

Imagine my shock when I discovered that our July, 2011 grocery tab for our family of 6 was $943.    Ow, Charlie... that really hurts!

I firmly believe that you CAN eat better, more healthy food without breaking the bank, but  how?

I was discussing my food budget with my friend, Heather, and she suggested trying out Angel Food Ministries.  We were both intrigued by this nationwide service where you can buy $60 of food for only $30.  They are open to anyone, regardless of financial situation, in fact, they encourage everyone to participate because it increases their purchasing power!

I've decided to try a grand experiment:  buy some Angel Food boxes and use some pantry staples, with minimal "extras" from the grocery or dollar store, and see if we really can eat better for less money!

Tomorrow, I go to my local Angel Food site to pick up my boxes of food.  (I am also getting a box from a local food service called Mid America Foods to try out).  I will post a picture of what I got in my boxes of food and start meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment