Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dollar Tree Finds & Pizza Quesadillas

Look what I found at the Dollar Tree today! 
They had lots of frozen treats, including the 4 pack of Wild Cherry Icee treats and the 6 pack of Pretzels.

When I saw the 3oz pack of Armour Pepperoni and bags of Sargento Mozzarella, I thought of making a pizza treat.

Here's what we came up with:



PIZZA QUESADILLA

You can buy a $1 jar of spaghetti sauce for the sauce, or do like me and make:

SUPER EASY Pizza Sauce

1 8oz Can Tomato Sauce
3 oz Tomato Paste
1 1/2 tsp Oregano
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  No cooking required.  Makes enough to top 2 large pizzas.

Pizza Quesadillas
4 Servings

4 Fajita-size Flour Tortillas or Wraps
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
32 Slices Pepperoni
1/2 Cup SUPER EASY pizza sauce (or canned/jarred pasta sauce)

Spray non-stick skillet (Medium Heat) or flat griddle with cooking spray.   Place Tortilla flat on skillet.  Put 2 TBSP pizza sauce on half of the tortilla, 1/4 C. Cheese, and 8 slices of pepperoni over the sauce.   Fold the empty side over and grill until golden on both sides.

5 comments:

  1. I got the same pepperoni, a jar of Ragu Pizza Quick sauce, and small premade pizza crusts a few weeks ago. All at The Dollar Tree for just a buck each. Amazing! I love The Dollar Tree's refrigerated/frozen section. I just wish all Dollar Tree's had them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I love pizza burgers so I might have to give this a try. I don't think we have a Dollar Tree with a frozen section. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I did this too! My family likes it with pineapple and ham (Hawaiian).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked up to this recipe on my Menu Planning blog post (http://www.tmuffin.com/2011/12/menu-plan-monday-it-gets-easier.html). Thank you for the idea!! We always make quesadillas, and this is such a quick way to make it different. I didn't have pepperoni, so I sauteed some salami and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks blackheartbetty, I'd love to know more about pizza burgers!

    Lazerwonder, I love the idea of ham and pineapple. That's my favorite type of pizza.

    Tmuffin, thanks so much for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete