Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Use Leftovers... Don't Throw Your Money Away!

Some people run at the mere mention of leftovers.  But, with a little creativity, you can have a great meal from your leftovers.

This evening, I found some salad that was about to go bad, some leftover flank steak and some onions and bell peppers I needed to use.

I sliced and sauteed the bell peppers and onions in a frying pan, then sliced the flank steak real thin and tossed it in.  At this point, I could put it on buns with cheese and mayo and make some Philly Steak Sandwiches but that wouldn't help me with my salad problem..


What I made instead was Philly Steak Salad!  I just tossed my steak & veggies on top of the salad, mixed  a couple tablespoons of mayo and about 1/2 tsp minced garlic together in a bow and used it as my dressing, then sprinkled some cheddar on top and have a yummy salad that tastes like a Philly Steak Sandwich without the white bread carbs.

Philly Steak Salad

1 Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
1 Small Onion, sliced into strips
1 TBSP Olive OIl
Leftover Steak - about 6 oz, sliced thinly
2 Cups of Salad Greens
2 TBSP of Mayo + 1/2 tsp minced garlic for dressing
Handful of Cheese for topping

Saute Onions & Pepper in olive oil until softened, and add steak until warm.   Toss mixture onto salad and top with dressing and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment