Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Maple Apple Pork Tenderloin

I was looking for something different to do with my boneless pork tenderloins, and found this recipe from Delight's Bites, Apple & Maple Glazed Pork Chops.  It was so good I wanted to share, too! 

    1/2 large apple, diced
    1 tsp Butter
    2 Tablespoons chopped Walnuts
    3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (REAL maple)
    2 teaspoons Cider Vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon fresh Lemon Zest (I used lemon juice)
    1/4 cup fat free, low sodium Chicken Broth
    2 Pork Chops, approximately 1 1/2  inches thick
    1 Tablespoon Canola Oil (I used more buttah!!!)



The first thing you want to do, is saute your apples in butter for about ten minutes.
Now add cider vinegar, walnuts, lemon and maple syrup.  Let it simmer about 2 minutes, then add the chicken broth and simmer until the glaze thickens.
Now season and brown both sides of the pork tenderloins in your cooking oil (I used butter).


Put the tenderloins in a baking pan on some foil, top with the glaze, then bake them, covered, at 350 for 20 minutes.

I made a quick cucumber and tomato salad and had some apple sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment