Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Try this - Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti Squash - what the heck do you do with it?

As I found out, it is super easy to prepare!

First, stab about 5 holes randomly in the spaghetti squash.  Put it on a microwave safe plate and cook on high in the microwave for 10 minutes, turning it 3 times.  The squash is done when the skin gives a little when pressed. Add more time, if needed.






Cut squash in half, and let cool a little.  Scoop out seeds with a spoon.










Using a fork, scrape out the squash.  It will look like spaghetti!








Melt a little butter in a skillet and add the squash, some salt & pepper and a sprinkling of basil.  Saute for a couple minutes and serve.




See how easy that was?  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Spaghetti squash is also great with your favorite sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's the simplest recipe for preparing spaghetti squash I have run across! Sharing your link on my page. http://www.facebook.com/rcandfood

    Know my fellow foodies will love this one. Adding it to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing our link, Recipes, cooking, and food! I love spaghetti squash.

    I tried to substitute it for pasta one time but it just didn't seem right to me - not squishy enough? But I do bowls of chopped up zucchini and red meat sauce all the time.

    ReplyDelete