Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Budget Relief Pantry & Freezer Challenge

It's a New Year.  Don't you think it's time to clean out the pantry and freezer?

Click this link to see our meals!!!

I'll be honest... after the holidays, I could use a little room in my budget.  Why not use food I already have instead of buying more?  (other than staples like milk, eggs, bread).  Join CookNCents in this challenge, and check back to see what we've come up with for meals!

As you can see, we are pretty well stocked up.  Here's the pantry:


 Our mostly-packed refrigerator:













And a nicely stocked freezer:
One of the best tools I know for cooking from the pantry is Recipe Matcher .  Just plug in what you have on hand, and it will give you a list of recipes.   You can also go to www.allrecipes.com
and search for recipes by ingredients, but I prefer Recipe Matcher because it will give you a long list of matches and near matches.

Here's a link to our post about using a freezer inventory (use it for your pantry too!)  http://www.cookncents.com/2011/12/keeping-and-using-freezer-inventory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment