Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Powdered Eggs, Frozen Eggs, Dehydrated Scrambled Eggs

Powdered Eggs, Frozen Eggs, Dehydrated Scrambled Eggs.
Anyway back to the topic of Eggs :)
How to freeze eggs:

Remove from shells. Scramble whatever portion size you like and put in freezer bags. Be sure and date the bag!

You can also scramble them up and freeze in ice cube trays but I would put them in a freezer bag once you have them cubed.

Frozen eggs look a bit weird to me when I take them out of the freezer but they taste just fine. I dont keep frozen eggs very long but we eat a lot of eggs. I have read people keeping them frozen 6 months, that would freak me out a bit but then I am OCD :).  If you catch a really great sale and match to coupons and want to stock up on eggs that is the best time to get to freezing them!

You can also freeze butter, however sometimes the tubs crack and well the fake margerine I use is so cheap $1.48 that I really dont want to waste space in my freezer to store butter. I also have powdered butter but will get to that another day :) If you catch a really great sale and match to coupons and want to stock up on eggs that is the best time to get to freezing them!

Powdered Eggs: www.augasonfarms.com generally this type of egg product will last 1 year once opened and 5 years unopened. That does vary by manufacturer but that is what I tend to stick with on my food storage items in regards to dairy. I use these eggs regularly to cook with or eat! They are great to take camping. If you watch this sites daily sale you will eventually find a way lower price on what you are wanting and its a good time to stock up when you do see the sale!
Dehydrated Scrambled Eggs: www.augasonfarms.com You can also dehydrate scrambled eggs yourself. I havent ever done it but it could be a fun adventure for us in the future!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment