Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Thought About the Clam Chowder

I tried the Angel Food Ministries Clam Chowder the other night.  I love clam chowder, and while it was good, I like my own simple clam chowder recipe better.

Most of the ingredients for this recipe came in July's Bountiful Blessing and Premium Fruit & Veggie box.  You will just need to buy 2 cans of clams ($1 each at  Dollar Tree).  You can also leave out the clams and just have an awesome potato soup (add cheese!).

Carrie's Clam Chowder

4-6 slices Bacon, chopped
Small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, thinly diced
4 small Baking Potatoes (don't dice these, we will just grate them into the pot!)
2 Cans Minced Clams (My Dollar Tree has these for $1 each)
3.5 Cups of Milk OR 2.5 Cup of Milk and 1 Cup of Heavy Cream (I use milk only because I like my chowder thin)
1 Tsp. dried Thyme
Some dried parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

Saute bacon in stockpot until crispy, pour off some fat, then add celery and onion until soft.  Add 2 cups of milk (or 1 C milk and 1 C cream) and clams (juice and all).   Grate the potatoes into the pot and add thyme. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

Add the rest of the milk and heat thru.  Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!



 






\

No comments:

Post a Comment